Sunday, September 27, 2026

Lake Powell 2026 (Take II)

Yup...you read that right. We did Lake Powell twice this year! The boys (and Jeff) were convinced that we could squeeze in one more weekend on the lake, and we literally had ONE weekend available. It has been so busy, which actually made this weekend really nice. Yes, it was crazy leading up to the weekend. Yes, I felt overwhelmed and a little stressed as I managed all the day-to-day responsibilities/obligations...AND planned/prepped for a lake trip, but once we were on the water, it was all worth it. I shut off my phone and simply enjoyed one final "summer-ish" weekend of sun and fun. Because of schedules, we drove down early Friday (September 25th) morning, instead of heading down on a Thursday. We were still able to get two full days on the lake. We had a smaller gathering too. It was just Jeff, Jonas, Dallin, Audrey, Audrey's brother, Cole, Daniel, Addie, and I. Everyone had plenty of time on the surf boards. We never even inflated the tube. We surfed, swam, hiked a little, and simply enjoyed the peace the clear blue water and vibrant red cliffs offered us. While I was really ready to set summer aside, I'm glad we managed to fit in one final weekend on the boat.




























































No comments:

Post a Comment