Saturday, December 29, 2012

Daniel's baptism

On December 5th, Daniel turned 8 years old. It was finally his turn to be baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and to make promises to live how Christ would have him live. We are so proud of Danny! He is an energetic, loving young boy who truly desires to do what is right. The baptism took place at the Payson West Stake Center and was performed by Jeff. I am extremely grateful that Jeff is worthy to have the priesthood (God's authority/power given to man on the earth to act in His name). I am thankful that Jeff is able to perform these ordinances and to bless our family. During the baptism, I was asked to speak on the gift of the Holy Ghost. I felt honored and privileged that Danny would ask me to do so...and to speak on such an important topic. I am grateful for the Holy Ghost's guidance and comfort in my life. Without him, I would not be where I am at today. I pray that Daniel (and all the kids) will continue to make good choices so that they can have the companionship of the Holy Ghost to lead and guide them during their lives. After the baptism, everyone who was invited made their way to our church building for soup, salad, and rolls. It was a great day for an amazing young boy!



No comments:

Post a Comment