Saturday, September 23, 2017

Harvest Festival and Homecoming

As you all know, I love this time of the year! I get giddy when I think about the upcoming holidays. I love experiencing all the parties, festivals, sights, sounds and tastes of the season. Today was no exception. To kick off the start to our holiday season, I took Jonas, Daniel and Jeff to the Harvest Festival and Pumpkin Show at Thanksgiving Point. There were HUGE pumpkins on display to be judged. I seriously don't know how they grow so big! Jonas just kept walking around saying, "That pumpkin's HUGE!". There were food vendors, a small farmer's market, sidewalk chalk and hula hoops for the kids, and of course pumpkin carvers. It wasn't a very big festival, but it was enough to make us all smile...even Jeff. (He's always a good sport when it comes to these kinds of things.)








That evening, Dallin attended his first high school dance - SHHS Homecoming 2017! Can he really be that old? I keep asking myself that question each time things like this come up. I just remember a spunky 12 year old. It has been a privilege to watch him mature (even though he definitely has his teenage moments) and grow into the kind, obedient young man he is. He had a blast at the dance! He had a big group of friends to go with. I am grateful for good friends...and good clean fun! Here's to many more dances and high school fun!
Dallin and Madi



No comments:

Post a Comment