Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Happy birthday Jeff!

Happy 46th birthday Jeff! I love birthdays (as you well know). I love to celebrate my birthday throughout the month surrounding my birthday. Jeff, however, didn't even remember it was his birthday until I mentioned it on Tuesday (15th). He has never been one to make a big deal out of birthdays, especially his own. He doesn't like the attention. He doesn't feel the need to accept or solicit gifts. Yet, I still wanted to celebrate. I want to commemorate his birthday. I want to recognize the man who does so much for so many. I want to take time out to make the day special. Jeff is the greatest gift I have ever received. I can never repay him for the love, patience, grace, generosity, etc. he has given me, but I can make sure he has a cake and candles. Haha! In any case, on his actual birthday, Jonas and Danny gave Jeff their gift. Danny contributed to some new board shorts and Jonas gave him a gift certificate/invitation to go swimming with him at the Provo Rec Center. 

After Danny left for school, Jonas and I joined Jeff on a drive to Ephraim to look at the BelAir. It has been going through a restorative transformation that includes a new paint job. We decided to drive down Wednesday (16th) to confirm our paint choices. It was a fun morning! We didn't do anything big, but it was entertaining to watch how excited Jeff was getting about the progress of the car. Once we picked out the colors, we had lunch there before heading home.




That evening, I took Jeff out for dinner and to see the opening of a new Spiritual and Religious art exhibit at the Springville Museum of Art. It may not have been his first choice of activities, but we have enjoyed going to museums in the past...and tonight was no different. I love that it doesn't really matter what we do; we find joy in simply being together.

Finally, on Sunday (20th) the rest of the kids joined us for a birthday dinner/dessert celebration. It was fun to have all (but Dallin) the kids hanging out. Our little family has evolved over the years, but Jeff has always been the constant. He is the rock that we all depend on. He is the best father and husband we could ever ask for! Happy birthday Jeff!


Jonas finally got in on my least favorite birthday tradition - holding a plate in front of the birthday person so he/she can't blow out the candles. He thought it was the best part of the birthday!



No comments:

Post a Comment