Tuesday, January 19, 2021

8 years...more to come!

Today Jeff and I celebrated our 8th anniversary! In so many ways, it feels like this is the life I've always had and always known; yet, in other ways, it seems like just yesterday I was single and wondering if I would ever find my eternal companion. I am so glad I have! These 8 years have been the most defining, molding, and stretching years of my life. While those growing pains have, at times, been difficult to endure, I have been blessed with a husband who has been my calm in the storm. He is my anchor and my constant. He has been generous with his love and even more merciful with his patience...and, the best part is that he would say the same about me. We are each other's perfect match...even in all our imperfections. He is my everything. I am grateful for all the adventures we've had together (I may be a little more grateful for the ones that make me smile and laugh than the ones that break my heart...but I'm thankful nonetheless.) I can't wait to experience so many more adventures with Jeff! Tonight, I gifted us a little adventure. The traditional gift for the 8th anniversary is pottery so I bought us a gift certificate to a pottery date night at the Kreative Kiln. Jeff has always been pretty open minded to these type of "adventures". We actually had a lot of fun. Jeff was definitely more willing to play with the clay. I tried to keep it safe; but both of us produced a couple pieces to eventually take home. 






After our pottery class, we tried out a restaurant that Scott recommended to us, The Block, for dinner. It was really delicious food! I got some roasted potato gnocchi with braised ribs, and Jeff got a hamburger.

We finished our evening at the Hale Center Theater in Orem. I have missed so many of the in-person events and activities (and the TRAVEL) that occurred pre-pandemic. I wish I could say that life would return to normal soon, but even with this vaccine rolling out, they are still predicting several more months until we can return to some semblance of what we would consider "normal". Thus said, we relished the opportunity that we had to attend a play that evening. We watched the Oscar Wilde comedy, The Importance of Being Earnest. While we didn't do anything spectacular, the evening was simply perfect because we celebrated us. I love us! I love who we are together. I love where we're heading. I love what we have created. We are not perfect...but we are definitely better together.



No comments:

Post a Comment