Friday, April 2, 2021

Saying goodbye to Winter...

Today, Jeff, Jonas, and I said goodbye to winter full throttle! Lest anyone think our snowmobiles sat collecting dust this season, we took them out one last time and finally documented it. Jeff and Danny have been out quite a few over the last couple of months. Once, they took Noah. Once, Scott and his girlfriend, Kat, went with them. Once, Jeff took Jacob, Casey, and Danny out. Jeff then went out twice with some good friends and neighbors; yet, in all those situations (and not surprisingly), no one took pictures. Today, we let Jonas skip school to go snowmobiling. He has patiently waited for his turn. It's hard to combine skill levels on trips. Jonas and I are still very much cautious beginners (and no, Jonas did not ride solo. He rode with Jeff). It just simplifies things if Jeff takes out the more adventurous riders together then does a special trip just with Jonas and I. Since Jonas has been so patient and done so well in school, we figured he could miss his first day of school. He was so excited! We went to Fairview where we sped down hills and climbed what seemed like mountains. There were a few times I had to utter a quick prayer as the decline or incline of the hill seemed a little too steep for my comfort level, but I was proud of myself! I only tipped the machine once. I'm still learning, but I feel more comfortable maneuvering the machine than I did before. Jonas just had a blast squeezing the throttle as much as he could. Jeff took him up steeper hills than I would go up and faster than I would push the machine. The day was sunny and "warm". Jonas had just as much fun stopping to throw snowballs as he did riding the machines. After a couple of hours, we decided we were done. On our way home, we stopped for a burger and shake at Wheelers in Mount Pleasant. It was just the start to our Easter weekend and Spring Break fun!














No comments:

Post a Comment