Sunday, June 19, 2022

Happy Father's Day

Even with a packed weekend, we still had time to celebrate Jeff (and all the other dads in our lives) on Sunday. Since Stan was still in town and Grumpy lives next door, we had a big breakfast burrito bar to start our day. Stan and Kristi then left after church. It was fun to hang out for the weekend. As our kids have gotten older, it's been harder to find times when they aren't involved in something so that we can get together to just hang out. I'm grateful for amazing in-laws! The rest of the day we enjoyed simply being together. I got to call my dad and wish him a happy day. My dad will be the first to admit that he is not perfect, but I am so grateful for the lessons he has taught me. I love how he loves life. I love how he can laugh. That doesn't always come naturally to me. I love that he can see the rainbow in the storm. He is a simple man who enjoys simple things (sometimes a little too many simple things but oh well). Together with Mom, he has been our biggest cheerleader. He has been there with a shoulder to cry on when I've needed one...and swift kick in the butt when I've needed one of those too. He may not be perfect, but he's my perfect dad. Speaking of perfection, I'm pretty sure I knocked it out of the park when I married Jeff. He is pretty close to perfection when it comes to his love for his children. I'm sure they will tell you he's not perfect (and he knows it), but he is always there and he never gives up. He is their biggest advocate. He desires to lift them higher than he has ever been. He never stops encouraging, counseling, and guiding them. Sometimes they may not want (or need) his guidance, but he's always there. It was easy to celebrate such a great man (even though he insisted on making his own Father's Day dinner...at least I grabbed dessert, chocolate cake from Magelby's). We all love you Jeff!



No comments:

Post a Comment