Friday, January 13, 2023

Happy Year of the Rabbit!

If one New Year's celebration is fun, why not celebrate another?! I always have mixed feelings entering into January. In some ways, I love the slower pace, but in other ways, I miss all the fun of the holiday hustle and bustle. Thankfully, there are still some fun (although less involved) holidays sprinkled through January and February that helps to ease the long, dreary, winter-blues days. Chinese New Year is one such holiday. To be honest, I never really do anything big; just a little something to break up the monotony of days...and to honor another culture. Jonas has really gravitated to Asian cultures since he has (and even before) started Taekwondo...and honestly, he's the only kid that really engages in my silly holiday celebrations. Danny likes the little gifts and enjoys recognizing the day, but he won't do my crafts or indulge in the other activities like Jonas will. In any case, the boys woke up to some fun rabbit socks, they're lucky red envelopes with "gold" dollar coins, and some Trix cereal (because it has a rabbit on it). After breakfast, Danny headed out to ski for the day while Jonas and I went on a date. For Christmas, he gave me a date gift card. We decided to go to the Springville Museum of Art (actually I got to decide...not his top choice, but he still had fun). To make it fun, we went on a scavenger hunt to find any rabbits we could in the art pieces. We actually found 4 rabbits! I was a little surprised. After the museum, we went to Panda Express for lunch then Jonas treated me to a yummy cookie from Dirty Dough. After we got back to the house, Jonas and I worked on the little craft projects I had prepared. That evening, we had yakisoba and pot stickers with carrot cake to top off our celebrations. Happy Chinese New Year!











No comments:

Post a Comment