Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Happy Valentines Day

And the party keeps rolling! Just a couple days after the Super Bowl, we were on to the next celebration - Valentines Day! None of these holidays are huge, but all of them are simply special. It's just a little something to break up the monotony of the month...and, at least for this holiday, it's a time for me to reflect on and show love for Jeff and the boys. All month, I have been adding a heart to each of their doors (or drawer) with something I love about each of them. It's incredible how much love a heart can hold (even, sometimes, when hurt and disappointment threaten to occupy that space). They are all so unique. They each have different strengths and talents. It was actually pretty easy to come up with 14 reasons I love each of them. Then on Valentines Day, we have a simple red & pink themed breakfast with a couple of simple gifts. For dinner, it's also pretty simple. I got the boys the Papa Murphy's heart shaped pizza with a brownie rose and some Cheerwine. Nothing grand...just something to show I love them. In return, while I was in the shower, Jonas recreated a breakfast for me. He was so sweet to share his candy with me and write me a little note to show that he sees me. It meant the world to me.






During the day, I got to watch Carter and Everly. I love being a grandma. My heart just melts when I see Carter's face light up when he sees me or when I can get Everly to laugh. It is a lot of work watching them three days a week, but the reward of the relationship I'm building with them is priceless. I also got to go to Jonas's school to read with him. His teacher hasn't been big on class parties or having help in the classroom, but the school did a school-wide "Read with a Loved One" event where we got a donut and the chance to read together at the school.



That evening, Jeff and I went out with his parents. Not only was it Valentine's Day, it was also his mom's birthday. Before we left, I got a heart-shaped pizza for the boys with a brownie rose and some Cheerwine for them to enjoy. For our dinner, we returned to Happy Sumo. We discovered this place over the holiday break when we celebrated Kaia's birthday. I've been wanting to return ever since. After dinner, we enjoyed a movie together, A Man Called Otto. To be honest, I've been fighting a cold so I was just fine to have a chill evening. As long as I was with Jeff, it didn't matter what we did. He is my forever Valentine. I am constantly amazed at how well we fit together. That doesn't mean we always agree on everything, but we are a perfect balance...and each day we choose each other.







No comments:

Post a Comment