Saturday, May 6, 2023

2023 SHHS Prom

This is it. Danny's last high school dance! I can't believe it. In some ways, it felt like Danny's high school years would never end...and in some ways, it seems like just yesterday that he was that cute, toothless 2nd grader that I was blessed to call "son". It's crazy to think of all the "lasts" that we are now coming to. I shake my head in disbelief while my heart weeps a little at the ending of this chapter...but, as they say, Danny saved the best for last. I think this was funnest dance experience. Thanks, in part, to Amber and Jacob. They graciously volunteered to organize an Amazing Race-esque date for the entire group...and it wasn't a small group. There were 14 couples! They started at our house then raced through Provo and Orem as they completed tasks like earning $20, chugging a 2 liter bottle of soda, melting a block of ice, finding a statue at BYU campus, and sprinting to the finish line. (And also in true Danny fashion...his team won). 






The night of the dance, the group met up for pictures before heading to dinner at the Harvest. The dance was at a ballroom on UVU campus. They stayed long enough to get in a few dances before they made their way back to our house to watch a movie in the shop. (I don't think Danny's ever really stayed at a dance too long.) I think it was a successful last dance!















No comments:

Post a Comment