Monday, September 2, 2024

Labor Day 2024

Labor Day weekend...the unofficial end of summer! I know that summer doesn't technically end until September 21st, but since school has started, it feels like it's time to bust out all things pumpkin! I'm ready to chilly nights, fall colors, corn mazes, soups, and all things pumpkin. Still, we managed to squeeze in a few more fun summer moments before I dig out my jeans and fall flannels. Labor Day weekend was pretty busy. Friday night, Jonas got to spend the night with the Tanners. He was so excited to be able to hang out with his cousins. He is spoiled during the summer because we get together more often, but once school starts (and all the extra-curricular activities), those days come to a screeching halt. I picked him up on Saturday with enough time to get home, do a few chores, then head out the door to the BYU football season opener. Yup...I even wore blue! I will always be a Sun Devil at heart, but it was fun to meet up with Stan & Kristi & their family for the game. This was Jonas's first collegiate football game...and he loved it! (I'm sure it helped that we got him a Cougar Tail...basically a loooong maple frosted donut.) BYU played Southern Illinois University. BYU won 41-13.







Monday (September 2nd) was Labor Day. We started our day with a ride up West Mountain. Dallin, Audrey, and the Irons joined us. Jonas, Jeff, Dallin, & Casey rode their motorbikes while Audrey rode the 4-wheeler. Laurin, the kids, & I took the side-by-side. It was a fun ride. I haven't been up the mountain in quite some time. It was there that Jeff held my hand for the first time. It brought back memories of our dating days.









After our ride, we met up with the Armstrongs in Provo for lunch then everybody made their way back to Payson. Jeff, Dallin, Audrey, Jonas, and I stopped at the Payson Days car show before going home. Jeff loves this show. Every year there seem to be more cars. I enjoy watching him get excited about the old muscle cars or the classic trucks.




The rest of the evening, we enjoyed swimming and eating back at the house. Beau even got in the pool for the first time. I'm certain it won't be his last. I love that we live close enough to all our kids (minus Danny who's still serving his mission in Kansas) to gather on days like this...and I love that the kids want to gather. I know those days are numbered as they grow their own families and create their own traditions, but for now, I treasure these moments.






If that wasn't enough to unofficially end summer, the next weekend (Saturday, September 7th), we took the boat out for one last day on the lake. This time we drove up to Starvation Reservoir. Dallin, Audrey, his friend, Bryant, and the Irons joined Jeff, Jonas, and I. We spent the day breaking in the new surfboard. We didn't even pull out the tubes or knee boards. We just enjoyed the lake wave, the sunshine, and the cool water. Now...can we bust out all the pumpkin decorations?!












(Look at this cute picture of Carter on his first day of Preschool! He started school the day after Labor Day. I can't believe he's old enough to be in school!)




No comments:

Post a Comment