I can't believe we've finally made it to the 'BER months! I love all seasons, but Fall is my favorite...so when we hit our last "un-official" weekend of summer, I get pretty excited. Still, I slowed down (and disconnected) long enough to enjoy this last summer weekend. We finally got to return to Tinney Flat in Santaquin Canyon for a weekend family camping trip. We enjoyed several years of camping in Santaquin Canyon after we were married until a fire and subsequent mudslide wiped out the canyon. It has taken them nearly 5 years to rebuild the roads and clear the debris. Once Jeff and I saw that the canyon was open, we booked a couple of campsites in our favorite campground, Tinney Flat. This is a much quieter canyon compared to others. It is more narrow too, which means more shade throughout the day. And, to top it off, there is no cell phone reception. We were all forced to set down our devices for the weekend. The majority of us got there on Friday, September 4th, to set up camp. We didn't do much else that evening. Saturday (September 5th) the Armstrongs made it to the camp. We enjoyed a day of shooting, hiking, and simply hanging out. That evening, we got to watch Shrek (projected onto a sheet). The kids LOVED it! Sunday (September 6th) we all went down the mountain to clean up and go to church before meeting back up for a dinner of soup and cheese sandwiches. The boys built a mountain bike course and we roasted s'mores before watching another movie (Open Season). Monday (Labor Day - September 7th), after breakfast, we broke camp and headed home. Jonas, Jeff and I quickly unloaded and cleaned up then met up with the Irons at the Payson Days car show. Jeff loves this event. There are so many cars! We usually just wander the car show then go home, but the grandkids have super powers and convinced us to go over to the carnival for a couple of rides. Thankfully it was a cooler day, but after a couple of hours of crowds, we decided to retreat back to our house for swimming and a birthday BBQ to celebrate Kate's birthday. It was a great way to top off our summer! Now...bring on Fall!



































































No comments:
Post a Comment