Sunday, June 17, 2018

Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to all the wonderful men out there who have ever loved a child and earned that child's love in return! I have been blessed to be surrounding by several men who qualify as "father" in my book. I was raised by a wonderful man who sacrificed more than I can ever truly know to ensure we were cared for physically, emotionally and spiritually. He taught me how to laugh through trials and remain positive. He instilled in me a love of faith, family, and country. He was my constant male support as I searched for a man that could possibly fill his shoes for the children I hoped to have. I found that man. Jeff is a perfect father. Does that mean he is perfect or that he does everything perfectly? No, but it does mean that he loves perfectly and has earned that love in return. Everything he does is for his family. He loves being with all his kids. He in invested in their happiness every step of the way. He would move heaven and earth to make sure his kids (and wife) are ok in every sense of the word. I could not imagine a better father for our 5 kids. In marrying Jeff, I was also blessed to inherit another incredible father, Rodney. In many ways, Jeff and Rodney are so alike. They both love fiercely and place family (and faith) above all else. Rodney has always been supportive of us and is constantly serving. In addition to these wonderful men, I have been privileged to associate with brothers, brothers-in-law, uncles, and grandfathers that have exemplified what it means to be a father. I am grateful for every one of them and for the contribution they have had in my life and in the lives of my children. It was a fun day to celebrate all these men, especially Jeff. Happy Father's Day to all!



No comments:

Post a Comment