Saturday, August 18, 2018

Redneck weekend!

The day Dallin and I returned from our trip, my brother, Michael, came up for a visit. Then the following day, Jeff took the boys to the Fathers and Sons outing. The combination of the two events led to a crazy start to my redneck weekend. As you may remember, I have been on a quest since my last birthday to have 40 new experiences before I turn 40. So far I have 27 new experiences checked off my list! They range from new foods to try to places to visit to activities and events. Well this weekend was the Utah County Fair at the Spanish Fork Fair Grounds...which meant a Monster Truck Rally and Demolition Derby! That's right! I have never been to either so I got tickets to both to add to my "40by40" experiences. It was only after I bought tickets that Jeff and the boys learned about the Fathers and Sons campout. The boys were more interested in the campout so I enlisted my brothers (and niece) to help me check the Monster Truck Rally off my list. It was a blast! I'm not sure what was more entertaining - watching my brothers or watching the trucks! We laughed so hard as we added commentary to the event. We all liked the Figure 8 racers and the Monster Trucks were HUGE! (Hence the name...duh!)


Krystle was actually there too...only sitting a few rows away with some friends.






The next night was the Demolition Derby. Jeff and the boys joined me on this adventure! I'm pretty sure you're supposed to avoid crashing into another car, but tonight that was what it was all about! There was absolutely no mercy! There are certain safety procedures, but other than that I watched 3 hours of crash after crash after crash. I was amazed that some of the cars were still running after the hits they took. Comparing the two events, I'd have to say that the Monster Truck Rally was more my speed, but the Derby was pretty insane too!







Here are a few pictures Jeff took of the boys at the Fathers and Sons campout. Jonas LOVED it! All he can talk about now is going camping.










No comments:

Post a Comment