Thursday, July 4, 2019

Happy 4th of July!

Happy 4th of July! I know I say this about all the holidays, but I really do love this holiday. I love the patriotism and pride people take in our country. After recently seeing Hamilton, I have found myself studying the founding fathers and other events surrounding the Revolutionary War. I have often asked myself if I would have been brave enough to do what they did. They were literally committing treason. Many of the signers of the Declaration lost everything, including their lives. There are still so many men and women who sacrifice everything to maintain our freedoms! And here we are enjoying that freedom with movies, burgers, cannons, and fireworks. Sometimes it doesn't seem fair. Yet, each time I place my hand over my heart as I sing the National Anthem or recite the pledge, I hope in some small way it is seen as a tribute to those who have sacrificed their all. They are not forgotten...at least not by me. In any case, this 4th I've been lucky enough to have my parents still here with us. I have enjoyed the little downtime I've had with them. They have always been my biggest supporters and always so patient when I'm not my best self. We started our day with breakfast at Kneaders then to see the movie, Spider: Far From Home.

When you're the only ones in the theater, your kids jump up on the screen and become a part of the show!



That evening, Nichole and Kate, Krystle and her family, Scott and his family, my parents, Katie and Greg, Uncle Rick and Aunt Barb, Don and Sandy and their family came over for burgers and booms! I love having family around! We were just missing Mikey. To be honest, I felt it was the best way to celebrate the day...to be with those you love in a country that allows us to love, worship, believe, etc. how we want to. We enjoyed dinner together, set off a cannon, then enjoyed a spectacle of fireworks. God bless America!





















I love the look of awe in their eyes as they watch the fireworks.


No comments:

Post a Comment