Saturday, October 16, 2021

Happy 48th Birthday Jeff!

About a week ago, I reminded Jeff that his birthday was coming up. He had sincerely forgotten all about it. He even asked how old he was going to be. That pretty much sums up how Jeff feels about his birthday. He doesn't mind other people celebrating their birthdays, but he doesn't like all the fuss for his. However, how can we pass up an opportunity to celebrate such an amazing husband, father, man? In true Jeff fashion, he spent his actual birthday working on our newest project - a small, detached "in-law" house on our property. He rented a small excavator to dig a cold storage basement out under what will be the garage. Dallin, Grant, Jacob, Danny, Rodney, and even little Jonas helped out. I'm pretty sure renting the small excavator was Jeff's gift to himself. Jeff enjoys being productive. He is not an idle man, as evidenced by all the improvements we are constantly making on our property. While some might think that was a crappy birthday, Jeff enjoyed it. I did, however, take him out to dinner at Magelby's in Springville that evening. We even got a dessert to share, but the candles were reserved for the family dinner the following night. When we got home that evening, Jeff finally saw the cards and gifts I laid out for him. Jonas made him his own card all by himself. He even wrote, " I luv you dade" on it. Inside, he slipped $10 for a future movie date with Dad. I always struggle to find something to give Jeff that he doesn't already have or hasn't already bought for himself. This year, I went simple with a puzzle I found from one of the places we visited on our recent trip, Acadia. I just wanted to do something; to give something to the man who has given me so much. I chose to give a memory of a great time we had together.











On Sunday (October 17th), we invited the rest of the kids (actually Laurin, Casey, and Carter couldn't make it), Jeff's parents, and Katie and Greg to join us for dinner. Jeff chose a breakfast for dinner meal followed by Sandy's yummy chocolate cake (a cake she dropped off as a thank you for helping with a plumbing problem). We just spent the evening hanging out, playing games, and simply enjoying each other's company. I think this was the best gift for Jeff. He doesn't need or want much. He just desires to have his family close. I know the feeling. We may not always get along or see eye to eye, but there is great comfort in knowing that we are there for each other. Happy birthday to the best person in the whole wide world!









  

No comments:

Post a Comment