Monday, May 23, 2022

SHHS Lacrosse Banquet

This time of year is always busy with end-of-school-year events and activities. Tonight, Danny and I attended his end-of-season lacrosse banquet. (Jeff had an emergency job he had to finish.) It was fun to see Danny interact with his teammates and vice versa. I was never an athlete, but I appreciate the camaraderie that exists among teammates. One parent pulled me aside to tell me how much she appreciated Danny's positive influence on her son. I appreciated that. Danny can be silly sometimes and is definitely a teenager with all that comes with it, but when I see him through others eyes, I am reminded that he is simply a boy trying to do good things as best as he can. I think he was surrounded by other boys trying to do the same thing. Danny really loved his coaches too. They encouraged him to be a better student (which made me love his coaches as well!) and person. It has been a great season and a great experience for Danny. He was able to earn a varsity letter. This is his second letter in sports. He had previously earned a letter for wrestling. Way to go Danny! I guess we'll just wait and see what next year brings!


All the players that earned a letter.

All the juniors.

All the "West Mountain" boys

The starting defensive line


No comments:

Post a Comment