Sunday, January 21, 2024

It's a...

Tonight Laurin and I hosted a gender reveal for Jacob and Amber...and a week earlier than they expected! Yup...we were able to pull off a little surprise. Amber got a blood test, which normally takes a couple weeks to process, but long story short, we got the results early. Amber gave me permission to receive the results so I could coordinate with the baker for the cake and stuff the balloon drop with the appropriate blue or pink balloons. When I received the results early, I reached out to Laurin and she suggested we move it up a week. She coordinated with all the people that were planning to come and the surprise was set in motion...only we thought they caught on. There were a couple slip-ups from party attendees plus the fact that Amber knew I had logged into her patient portal (because it alerts her too), but they didn't put the pieces together. I decorated on Saturday so when they showed up for what they thought was just another normal family dinner it was all ready. They walked in and Jacob just went for the hot-and-ready tater tots I had just pulled out of the oven. Amber was simply talking with Laurin about something unrelated when Laurin finally asked if they were ready to know the gender of their baby. There was a moment of shock! Amber said that she had no clue. She simply thought I was uber prepared and had simply decorated a week early. I laughed. It wouldn't be unlike me to be prepared (which thankfully I was), but I wouldn't have decorated a week early. The next two hours from dinner to the reveal seemed agonizing for Jacob. He kept inspecting the cake and the large balloon envelope to see if he could catch a glimpse of a color. Amber was more composed but just as excited. Finally, after everyone had shown up, the moment arrived. Amber, with knife in hand, cut the cake to reveal...BLUE! It's a BOY! Jonas pulled the string on the balloon envelope to drop the blue balloons and excitedly jumped around the room. We are beyond thrilled to welcome a new little grandson into our family...and I think Amber and Jacob were just as excited to see blue. This little boy has no clue how loved he already is. Congrats Jacob and Amber!
















No comments:

Post a Comment