Friday, September 19, 2014

Fathers and Sons Outing

The boys, especially Danny, have been waiting all week for this! Camping with Dad...life doesn't get much better than that. Our church congregation (ward) held an overnight camp-out for all the fathers and sons. This is an annual event, usually held in the Spring, but this year they did it in the fall. The plan was to leave right after the boys got out of school, but plans were a little delayed when we realized that our well pump had gone out. Yup...the joys of country living! No well pump = no water! Luckily, I know an excellent plumber who was on the job within the hour. It still took Jeff and a couple of his employees the better part of the day to pull the pump and replace it. I guess I can't really complain too much. We've never had any problems with the pump; this was the first time we needed to replace it...and it should last us another 10 years before we need to do it again.
Jeff did finish pretty quickly and was still able to get the boys up the canyon with plenty of time to enjoy the evening with friends. Jeff said the boys had a blast...and if their physical appearance was any indication of how the camp-out went, I'd say they enjoyed themselves. Danny came back a darker shade of brown from head to toe! I don't understand how that kid can get so filthy so quickly! In any case, they enjoyed riding bikes, hiking, and just hanging out around the campfire. I'm grateful that the kids have such a great dad. They are truly his treasures, and he makes sure that the amount of time he spends with them reflects the amount of love he feels for them.



(Since Jeff and the boys were gone and Amber had play practice that evening, I asked Penny and Katie if they'd be my date. They were gracious enough to take pity on me so we had a sushi dinner then went to see When The Game Stands Tall. It was a fun night! I'm grateful for such wonderful in-laws!! Thanks again!)


No comments:

Post a Comment