Sunday, September 21, 2014

Ogden LDS Temple Re-dedication

Today Jeff, the kids, and I had an incredible opportunity to participate, via satellite, in the Ogden LDS Temple Re-dedication. Ogden has had a temple since 1972, but in 2012, the church decided to tear down all but the foundation and build a new structure. A couple weeks ago, we met up with Jeff's brother, Stan, and his family, to tour the temple during the open house. It is beautiful...then again, I have never been in a temple that wasn't exquisite. There isn't a lot of opulence; just subtle beauty in the amazing craftsmanship and artwork, but what is even more impressive is the peace that I can feel inside those walls. Well today was the day to dedicate that beautiful structure to the Lord. Today is when this building went from being just another beautiful religious building to a House of the Lord. This was Danny's first time attending a temple dedication. We were able to go to our local church building and have the proceedings broadcast to us from Ogden. There were several short talks given by church leaders about the importance of temples before our beloved prophet, Thomas S. Monson, delivered the dedicatory prayer. Even though we weren't in the temple during these proceedings, the peace we could feel in the church building was palpable. I am so grateful for these astounding edifices around the world. I'm grateful for the instruction, peace, and strength I find within their walls. I am grateful for the eternal promises I have received in I remain faithful. I am grateful for temples!


No comments:

Post a Comment