Thursday, November 13, 2014

Season of service

Today I had the opportunity to start my day by offering a little service. I helped some of the women in my church congregation put together packets of materials to make "burrito babies" for children in need. I have this abnormal fear of sewing machines so I won't be assembling the babies, but I could help assemble the packets. I am incredibly grateful for opportunities to serve. I am grateful to belong to the largest women's organization in the world that is dedicated to providing relief to families, friends, and communities. I am thankful for this season of service. I have always loved the holidays, but they have taken on a different meaning as I've gotten older. I think the magic of the holidays comes from the service and love people offer each other. I wish that magic would last all year. In any case, here is our assembly line and final products.


No comments:

Post a Comment