Friday, February 5, 2016

Nebo District Basketball CHAMPIONS!

Mt. Nebo Junior High boys basketball team WON the district CHAMPIONSHIP!!!! (Warning: Picture overload to follow!) It has been a great season watching these boys put their heart and soul into their practices and games. Dallin has done nothing but live, sleep, eat, and breathe basketball. He loves the sport. If he is not doing homework (or already at practice), he is usually out in the shop practicing his shots. For the past 3 months, our weeks have consisted of 2-3 games per week plus practices...and it has paid off. This week was the tournament. Going into the tournament, Mt. Nebo Jr. High was ranked second. They had only lost 2 games all season. They had to win two games prior to the championship game, which they did...but one was almost lost! I hate those close games! Don't get me wrong, they are excellent games to watch, but (being a mom) I'm often in the stand holding my breath as the score fluctuates up and down by only 2-4 points. I know how much Dallin has worked to get this far and I didn't want them to lose the game in the tournament. I wanted them to at least make it to the championship game...and they did! They played against Spanish Fork (who was ranked first) for the championship. The whole game was a nail biter. Dallin's team was never up by more than 6 points. At the half, they were down by one. I couldn't sit down the entire game. My anxiety was through the roof. I have never wanted a team to win so bad! It is a totally different game when you have a child playing. (Luckily, Jeff kept his cool.) The last half Dallin's team regained the lead and kept it...but not by much. I just kept watching the time and praying for it to tick down faster. Finally, in the last three minutes of the game, Dallin's team secured the lead after several free throws due to fouls (and a technical foul from the other coach). I was never so happy to see a game end...especially with the WIN! This is the first time in Mt. Nebo Junior High history that a basketball team has won the championship! All team members played with such intensity! It was a hard fought won and totally deserved!! Needless to say, I had one happy boy! Way to go Dallin!!

Warm ups








Mt. Nebo vs. Springville









Mt. Nebo vs. Salem





CHAMPIONSHIP: Mt. Nebo vs. Spanish Fork
























No comments:

Post a Comment