Sunday, April 3, 2016

General Conference

This has been one of my favorites weekends of the year - General Conference weekend. Twice annually, we have the opportunity to listen to our prophet, apostles and other church leaders during four 2-hour sessions. We are lucky enough to have the sessions broadcast over cable so that we can enjoy them in the comfort of our home. I love these weekends! I love being able to listen to counsel and receive hope and direction. I love being able to enjoy a lazy weekend with my family too. As in past years, I prepared several small buckets of treats. As a family, we then decide a topic to label each of the buckets. When that topic (e.g., prayer, faith, temples, etc.) is discussed, the kids get to grab a treat out of the buckets. It's a fun incentive to get them to pay attention a little more. This conference weekend has been so spiritually uplifting. I felt chastened as I listened to talks about forgiveness, yet I felt hope and peace as I listened to testimonies about the power of Christ's atonement. I know I am imperfect. I want to be better. I want to forgive more and judge less. I want to be more patient and loving. I want to be more like my Savior. I am grateful that He doesn't expect absolute perfection. He knows we are imperfect, yet He has provided a path to perfection. We just need to keep trying and repenting and trying again. I am excited to listen to the talks again...and then read them over and over. I am grateful that our Father in Heaven loves us enough to provide prophets and apostles to still counsel us today. I thoroughly enjoyed listened to His words with my family this weekend.


The boys "watching" conference. Jonas was quite the distraction at times. Luckily, the treats lured them back to the talks.
Jonas enjoyed the conference treats too. Daddy gave him his first Oreo. I think he liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment