Monday, March 5, 2018

My 39th Birthday!

This is it! My last year in my 30s!! This has definitely been the most adventurous decade EVER! I bought a house...then sold it. I earned my professional license. I continued to travel the world. I got married...and had 4 kids all in one day! I added another kid to that crazy mix. Phew! It makes me exhausted just thinking about it all! I remember thinking that 40 was soooo old...now that I'm only a year away from it, it doesn't seem that bad after all. Still, I have one final year in my 30s and I'm ready for all the new adventures it will bring (I hope!). As is usually the case, I spread out my birthday celebrations over the whole weekend (and into the next week as I travel to AZ to visit my parents). I started the party with a fun date with Jonas on Thursday (March 1). He took me to the Provo Beach Resort (ok...I really took him but it's not usually a place we go on our weekly adventures so it was a little more special). We played arcades, mini bowling, croquet, climbed around the Mega Playground, rode the carousel, etc. I love hearing him laugh and seeing him smile. His joy brings me joy so it was a perfect date.







The next day, (Friday, March 2nd) Jeff and I went out on our usual date, and I got to pick what we did and where we ate. That is actually not unusual at all, but this time I didn't have to feel guilty about making him watch a chick flick (Forever My Girl) or eating somewhere he wouldn't put in his top 3 choices. It's the little things that make a birthday weekend great. Haha! (Sorry...no pictures) Saturday (March 3rd) I took the morning off. I left Jeff at home with the boys while I went to get a pedicure, do a little shopping, and enjoyed a quiet, kid-free lunch. Nothing says birthday like a little personal pampering, retail therapy, and good food!




Sunday (March 4th) was just a normal day, but Monday (March 5)...my actual birthday...the celebrations continued. Traditionally, Jeff takes me to lunch at the Communal in downtown Provo then we walk to the Provo Bakery to pick up my lemon birthday cake. This year we had to change things up a bit because the Communal isn't open on Mondays so we went to the next best place, the Black Sheep Cafe. They seriously have one of the most delicious burgers I've ever had! Black Sheep Cafe serves Native American cuisine with a Southwest flair. Growing up in AZ, this is comfort food. Their burger is served on Indian Fry bread with some southwestern spices. It is soooo good! Jeff and Jonas met me at the restaurant with several dozen roses. Jonas also promptly told me that he picked out a card for me and that it sings. I guess he isn't quite to the stage to keep secrets for surprises. I loved the card even more knowing that he had a hand in picking it out. After we ate, we walked to the Provo Bakery to get my yummy cake! Luckily we didn't have to come up with an alternative to Provo Bakery! Their cakes are seriously so good!!



That evening, Jeff and the boys made my traditional birthday dinner ("fried" chicken, mashed potatoes, and green beans). I have eaten this since I was a kid. I don't know why. Maybe it's because I like traditions. I like knowing what to expect or I just really like chicken and mashed potatoes. Who knows? But this has always been my go-to birthday dinner. Afterwards, we indulged in the yummy lemon cake (that could feed an army!). It was the perfect way to end the day...and start the next year of life! (Thanks to my in-laws and Scott for joining in the celebration!)


Bring on 39!!



No comments:

Post a Comment