Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Happy 40th!

I made it! I survived turning 40! It actually wasn't as bad as I anticipated. Haha! I am still not sure what this next decade holds for me. There is still a sense of anxiety because of the unknown, but what I do know is that I have been incredibly blessed with amazing people that have accompanied me on all my journeys thus far...and that's all I need. Jeff is one of those people, and he made sure I had a fun weekend celebrating my birthday. (Yes...I like to celebrate for more than just one day!) On Friday (Mar. 1), we did our traditional downtown Provo lunch and walk to Provo Bakery with a bouquet of roses (one rose for each year...the bouquet was so big I needed two vases!). This year, we had lunch at the Communal then strolled down the street to pick up my yummy lemon cake.




Jeff knew me well enough to get a couple cupcakes in addition to the cake so I could have a lemony treat right after lunch instead of just waiting for the cake on Sunday.

Saturday (Mar. 2), he took charge of the kids while I spent a day to myself. I went shopping, got a pedicure, ate lunch where I wanted to!, ran errands (yes...that may sound like a waste of time to do on a day dedicated to myself, but I loved it! I could run the errands without interference from a three-year-old.), and finally went to the temple.






Sunday (Mar. 3), we celebrated with everyone. This was probably the biggest culmination of my birthday festivities even though my actual birthday wasn't until Tuesday. Jeff's parents, Katie, Greg, Krystle, and her family, and Scott and his family (including his new fiance and her kids) came over to have dinner and birthday cake. I love all my birthday traditions, but I especially love spending an evening with family. To me, birthdays are a time to celebrate with those you love...and that's all I really need. In all the time I've had to reflect on this milestone birthday, one thing had stood out - life means more when you have people to share it with.
My traditional birthday dinner - "fried" chicken, green beans and mashed potatoes.






Jonas got me this shirt.

Nichole and Krystle got me a saguaro cactus necklace.

Danny got me an Olson's Garden gift card. Dallin got me a FastKart gift card for Dad and I to have a date night.

Jeff got me a sweet card with cash.

All the other thoughtful cards!

Monday (Mar. 4) was a pretty routine day. I actually watched the Tanner boys for most of the day so there weren't any birthday festivities. Tuesday (Mar. 5) was finally my birthday! (Jonas has been confused this whole time as to what day is my actual birthday!) Jeff again stepped in to make sure that, even in my routine day, I felt loved and celebrated. (Plus, I received several thoughtful birthday wishes from friends and family.) He made me pancakes for breakfast (my favorite breakfast dish) then after I took Jonas to tumbling class, we met up for a special lunch at a new restaurant in Orem - Asado Argentian Grill. It serves all the typical foods I loved on my mission. I got a yummy pastry with lots of dulce de leche to enjoy as my birthday treat. That evening, Jeff took me and the boys to Fat Jack's pizza in Payson for dinner.



I enjoyed my long birthday weekend celebrations! I don't think "blessed" or "grateful" could ever adequately express how I feel,  especially for Jeff. He is not a person who likes to celebrate birthdays, but he knows how much I love my birthday and makes sure he goes out of his way to make it special. My heart is full!

No comments:

Post a Comment