Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Feliz Cinco de Mayo!

This year's Cinco de Mayo celebration was even more exciting for us because we got to hang out with the Tanners! Since the start of this pandemic, we have been separated from family in an effort to "stay home, stay safe". As time has passed, we have realized that the virus isn't going away and while we need to remain cautious and practice safe social-distancing, hand-washing, etc., we also need family. The little boys were thrilled to be reunited! There were tears when the Tanners went home because the boys were uncertain when they'd see each other again. However, we reassured them that as long as everyone remains healthy, we can see each other more frequently. (To be honest, I really missed my sister too! I think that's been the hardest part of this whole pandemic! The family separation!) Our celebration was simple - family, delicious food, and pinatas! What else do you need? This year, I bought 3 pinatas so everyone was assured a chance to smack it if they wanted to. Candy was flying everywhere! The boys stuffed their lunch sacks with all the candy they could. The smiles were worth it all! I love my family...and of course, I love any chance to take a mundane day and celebrate something!















No comments:

Post a Comment