Sunday, November 29, 2020

It's beginning to look a lot like...

 Christmas! Finally! I'm not sure who's more excited - me or Jonas. It has been a long, weird year. I realize that 2021 may not look any different (at least initially), but we're coming to the end of 2020. While the year has been fraught with so much loss, fear, anxiety, hatred, misunderstandings, etc., this season reminds us of hope. It's a season when we celebrate the Prince of Peace, and we recognize the healing, kindness, understanding, and peace He brings. I am not naive enough to think that this season will automatically wipe away all the tears or quell the emotional storms of this year, but I hope that there is some light and some magic that penetrates every heart...even if for a moment. So...up went all our Christmas decorations and it's game on with all our holiday traditions. I know I need Christmas this year. I need all the fun commercialized aspects of the season, but mostly, I need to remember that I have a Savior who comes with "healing in his wings" and who has said, "Peace I leave with you."







No comments:

Post a Comment