Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Kitchen remodel

For the past month, we have been remodeling our kitchen. Can I just say how incredibly blessed I am to have married a man who is competent enough (and actually enjoys...to an extent) this type of "housework"? Also, can I say how incredibly blessed we are to have two kitchens?! I honestly think we would have been eating out a LOT more if we didn't have the option of another kitchen our house. Even with the downstairs kitchen, I definitely hit my moments when I was DONE with all the dust, noise, workers, etc. However, the end result is just as we hoped it would be. We now have a great room with no wall to divide the kitchen from the living room and a kitchen that can accommodate so many more people.  And literally, just in time for our Thanksgiving feast. In fact, the morning of Thanksgiving, the countertop guys showed up to install our countertops. While I was busily finishing all the food prep downstairs, they were laying our countertops. No sooner had they left and we finished all the food, brought it upstairs, laid it on our brand new countertops, and feasted! We still have a few missing pieces (e.g., our new fridge, new table, decorative pieces, etc.), but it is nice to have my kitchen back - only new and improved.



















No comments:

Post a Comment