Monday, May 15, 2017

Basketball banquet

I'm pretty sure basketball never ends, but tonight Jeff and I attended the end-of-season basketball banquet to honor the players. I am truly proud of Dallin. He has worked his butt off this season! I wish I could say there was no politics in sports, but there is. For better or worse, Dallin was not the favorite player and never considered the MVP, but that never stopped him from giving his all on the court. I don't think there is another player on his team that plays with more heart. When Dallin received the certificate his coach made, his coach called him the "defensive bloodhound" of the team. It is so true! Dallin would often frustrate the other players because he wouldn't let up. He made sure that they wouldn't score. He caused turn overs left and right. What he didn't do in the form of points, he made up for in the form of points not made by the other team. Dallin was also honored for being the second best free-throw shooter on his team with a 79% accuracy. I am so proud of him!..and I am excited to see what this next season brings.

Dallin and Tanner (Tyler wasn't there).

No comments:

Post a Comment