Friday, May 5, 2017

Feliz Cinco de Mayo!

Growing up in Arizona, this was always a big holiday...and you know me, any excuse to celebrate a holiday is a good enough excuse for me! I remember learning the Mexican hat dance in school and eating yummy Mexican foods. I enjoyed the few times we broke a pinata, but most of all, I simply enjoy celebrating my roots. My grandmother was born and raised in Mexico and my mother spent most of her childhood there. For better or worse, Mexico shaped two of the most amazing women in my life. Plus, I am an Arizona girl to my core...and that means embracing the southwest cultures and customs. So tonight we indulged in yummy Mexican food and broke a pinata. It wasn't anything big, but it is something I like to celebrate and share with my family. Siento muy bendecida y agradezco a mi Padre Celestial por cada dia de vida en que tengo la oportunidad de estar con ellos. Son mi vida...mi corazon...todo para mi! Les amo! Feliz Cinco de Mayo!











No comments:

Post a Comment