Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Tulip Festival

This is my absolute favorite time to visit Ashton Gardens at Thanksgiving Point! It was this festival that prompted our desire to buy an annual pass...and we've never regretted it. I love the Tulip Festival! Tulips are one of my favorite flowers. I love the different varieties and colors (although yellows are my favorites). I would love to go to Holland one day to see the endless fields of these friendly flowers. I think they are the quintessential Spring flower. Today Jonas and I met up with Krystle and her boys. As you can imagine with 4 little boys, it was less of a leisurely stroll and more of a semi-crazy run through the gardens, but it was fun nonetheless. The boys would stop to try to smell the tulips and would swear that the various colors smelled different. They raced through the rose gardens, fed the fish, and played in the fountains. Jonas even decided to dip his head in the water. Silly boy! He hates to get wet but will never pass up an opportunity to splash around. I love sharing these experiences with him. I love repeating these experiences and seeing how his interests and activities change as he grows. It was a beautiful day! Even with the crowds and the rowdy boys, I could still appreciate the serene beauty of the gardens. Happy Spring!





Jonas, Nolan, Camden















This year they had these little shoes throughout the garden. It was fun to find them.





No comments:

Post a Comment