Saturday, December 9, 2023

CAKe: Acts 4 & 5

It was a really busy weekend for us, but not too busy that we couldn't fit in a little Christmas kindness. In the morning, we volunteered to help clean our church building. It is a very old building and definitely needed some TLC. Plus, I think some people that come to clean just do the bare minimum, but I found myself with a butter knife on our gym floor scraping unidentified junk up off the floor. I guess that's what my OCD does! Thankfully I'm not a germaphobe too! I loved that Jonas just jumped right in and helped wherever he could. 




Later that afternoon, we headed out into the crazy retail chaos to buy gifts for our Angel Tree kids. (I was reminded why I do my Christmas shopping early...or online!) This is the first year we've done an Angel Tree. Amber reached out to us a week or so ago to inform us that her work was doing an Angel Tree and there were still several tags that needed to be filled. We volunteered to help two kids. She grabbed tags for a 9 year-old-boy and an 11-year-old girl. Jonas loved this act of kindness! I put Jeff and Jonas in charge of filling the little boy's wishes while I was working on the little girl. Jonas was so engaged in what to buy for this little boy. He didn't want to simply buy the bare minimum. He wanted to get him everything! I am grateful that he recognized how blessed he is...and how much need is out there. He told me that one of his favorite traditions are our acts of kindness. Maybe he'll do a few when he's older.







No comments:

Post a Comment