Sunday, December 17, 2023

Congratulations Tyler Lowe!

This year has been absolutely crazy with all of the trips we've been on...and on Thursday, December 14th, we were off again! This time it was a quick weekend in Fort Collins, Colorado to celebrate my nephew, Tyler's, graduation with his bachelor's degree in business finance from Colorado State University. Jeff, Dallin, Jonas, and I flew in Thursday morning and met up with my parents at the airport and Nichole, Ryan, Kate, and Ryan's mom, Tammy, who had flown in the night before. We grabbed Tyler and went to explore downtown Fort Collins. Jonas and I visited here earlier this year. Our stay was short and the weather was stormy so we didn't get to explore much. This time we got to enjoy some local restaurants, shops, and history. Did you know that the man who designed Main Street Disneyland was from Fort Collins? You can see so many similarities if you know where to look. Kate and I took the time to do a little looking. We found the firehouse and a mural dedicated to Harper Goff. After enjoying some time downtown, we went back to Tyler's house to hang out with Sydney (his girlfriend) before we called it an early evening (because it had been an early morning).







The next day (Friday, December 15th) was graduation day. We had a leisurely morning before we met up with Tyler for some pictures and a tour of the campus. It's much bigger than it seems. I can see why Tyler enjoyed school here. He was attending NAU for 3 years, but after Sydney got a job in Fort Collins, he decided to move out here to finish up so they could be together. I was so proud of Tyler. At one point in the ceremony, all the students who were first generation college graduates got to stand to be recognized. He got to stand. He is a good kid doing good things and going good places!









At the graduation, we were joined by Sydney's parents, Janie and Kendall. Following the ceremony, we went out for an early dinner before enjoying some Christmas lights. (To be honest, I kind of forgot it was Christmas. The holiday just kind of got put on hold for this weekend.)







Saturday (December 16th) was our final day in Colorado. We strolled through an indoor farmers market in Fort Collins that morning then headed to Denver. We visited one of the REI flagship stores. The boys loved the contents of the store. I loved that it was in an old repurposed factory. The building was beautiful.  We ended our day at the capital where we enjoyed a European style Christmas market and some more lights.











We flew home on Sunday (December 17th) morning. I was so glad we had the opportunity to come support Tyler. Family means the world to me. I know I won't always be able to attend all the big events, but I'm sure going to try. (And yes, this was the first time Jonas decided not to sit by me. He was too enthralled with playing the Nintendo Switch with Dallin.)



No comments:

Post a Comment