Monday, December 11, 2023

CAKe: Acts 7-10

December is always a busy month for us. Life is busy enough as it is then we add all our holiday traditions, and it becomes a little Christmas crazy. To be honest, I've wondered if we're perhaps doing too much; in fact, I wonder that every year; yet, I love all our traditions and haven't figured out how to let them go. Tonight was one of those semi-crazy nights. I picked Jonas up from school and took him to piano lessons, ran home to make/eat dinner, then we tackled 4 Christmas acts of kindness! That may sound like a lot, but these four are pretty quick...and fun. We headed to the local food box first to fill it up with non-perishable items for people in our community.



Next, we popped over to the laundromat to anonymously drop a few bags of coins and detergent into a few washing machines.

After that, we headed to Dollar Tree to tape some dollars (and a couple quarters because of inflation) to a few items.


Finally, we roamed around Walmart while Jonas observed the shoppers to determine which one he wanted to give our gift card too. I love how thoughtful all of my kids have been with this specific act of kindness, Jonas is no exception. He said a little prayer then wandered a few aisles before identifying a little family. He quickly gave the mom the gift card and wished her a Merry Christmas. As we walked away, I got the distinct impression that Jonas's small act would be an example to that mom's two little kids. It brought tears to my eyes as that thought lingered in my heart. See...this is why I can't give up our traditions. I only have these few crazy years with my kids before it will be just Jeff and I. I know things will slow down then and I'll long for the chaos again. I have decided to simply embrace the chaos and live in the moment as much as possible while I can because life changes, families evolve, and traditions fade.


No comments:

Post a Comment