Friday, August 29, 2014

Ogden Temple Open House

Today we had the privilege of attending the Ogden Temple Open House. We met up with Stan, Kristi, and their kids for the occasion. Jeff's parents and grandparents also joined us. I don't know how to describe the experience without using trite words. It was breathtaking, inspiring, peaceful, and so much more. I was extremely grateful that I had the opportunity to tour this temple with the kids (unfortunately, Laurin was unable to join us because she had class). I appreciated the questions they asked and the opportunities those questions provided to share my thoughts and feelings about the temple. As I wandered through that sacred edifice, I admired all the art work and the skilled craftsmanship that went into creating this gorgeous temple. I appreciated the way in which the other people in the tour showed reverence and didn't detract from the peace one could feel within those walls. I think all the kids were grateful for the experience...even if it wasn't their top choice of "fun activities".
The Southwick kids and cousins outside the temple after finishing our tour. From L to R: Maci, Tracis, Bennett, Carson, Daniel, Grant, Dallin and Amber.
Daniel and Bennett




No comments:

Post a Comment