Saturday, August 30, 2014

Lagoon

After the temple open house yesterday, Stan, Kristi, Jeff and I with our families headed to a hotel in Ogden where we stayed the night. The kids enjoyed swimming then watching the BYU football game (of course because Stan was here) at the hotel. Today we woke up, had breakfast, packed up, and headed to Lagoon! I know my kids were looking forward to this day for quite some time. Jeff isn't a huge fan of amusement parks, but he has lots of memories as a kid at Lagoon so I don't think he minds it as much. Once we got to the park, the kids divided up and went their own ways. Dallin and Grant stuck together while Daniel ran off with Carson and Bennett. Laurin was able to join us so she paired up with Amber. Stan and Kristi took Maci and Travis to some of the less adventurous rides, which meant that Jeff and I were able to wander the park on our own. We had a blast! The weather was perfect (cloudy and not too hot) and there weren't huge crowds. In fact, we never had to wait more than 2-3 minutes to get on a ride. Plus, both Jeff and I get motion sick so we agreed on which rides to avoid and which rides to ride. I laughed hysterically several times as I sat next to Jeff on the roller coasters, specifically the Spider. In that ride, the car turns around as well as the track so you never really know if you're coming or going. Jeff kept twisting in his seat to try to see what was coming next but never really knowing. We both got soaked on Rattlesnake Rapids. Luckily, I planned ahead and wore clothes that dried quickly, but I think my favorite ride was the Sky Lift. I just enjoyed leisurely floating above the crowds of people with my handsome husband by my side. I really enjoyed the day. We met up with everyone for both lunch and dinner. After dinner, Jeff and I made sure we experienced some of the rides with all the kids. Because of the sparsity of people, we were able to ride several rides more than once. The kids seemed to have a blast! They were still full of energy after 11 hours at the park when we finally decided to head home. I'm so glad we had the opportunity to do this. Thanks Stan and Kristi for inviting us along!
Grant, Amber, Laurin and Dallin getting ready to ride Wicked (with Colossus in the background).
The girls and I on Mousetrap...not a ride I repeated.
Me and my handsome husband outside the famed wooden Roller Coaster.
Amber and Laurin on their way up Re-Entry Rocket only to be dropped several hundred feet!
Jeff and I on the Ferris Wheel.
The kids on the Turn of the Century...and ride Jeff and I avoided.
SOAKED!!! Grant, Dallin, Jeff, Me, Daniel, Amber and Carson
The kids heading up Rocket...again!
Jeff and I and Grant and Dallin heading up Colossus.
Grant and Dallin on Wicked. 
Carson, Bennet, and Daniel on the Sky Lift...no, I wasn't pleased to see Danny precariously standing on the ride.
Amber goofing off on Flying Aces.
Happy Family!
We couldn't leave the park without indulging in some ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment