Saturday, August 2, 2014

Summer 2014: Week 9

Well this week was much like last week...BORING...at least according to the boys. The summer has come to a screeching halt and we're running out of things to do that we haven't already done. Still, we did find some things to do this week. On Monday (Aug 28), Krystle and Nolan decided to come spend part of the afternoon with me. We ran some errands then grabbed a treat at Sip 'N Spot in Payson. I enjoyed hanging out with my sister and nephew. My bro-in-law accepted an offer of employment in Houston, TX so they will be moving there at the end of the year/beginning of next year. I'm going to be sad to see them go...especially so far away, but I'm excited for the new adventures they'll have. 


Dallin also started football camp on Monday. Yup...we're getting back into the swing of sports. I enjoyed taking the summer off (and I think the boys did too), but I also enjoy watching them play and am looking forward to football season. I love football season in part because it's my favorite sport to watch but also because it marks the beginning of fall...and starts my favorite months of the year.



Tuesday (Aug. 29), Danny got to register for school. He will be starting the 4th grade and has Ms. Tracy as his teacher. He was a little disappointed that he didn't get Ms. Corbin (who he really wanted), but he has a good attitude about it and is looking forward to the Open House when he gets to meet Ms. Tracy.
The rest of the week was kind of boring. We had Dallin's friend, Tyler Chisholm, staying at our house during the week (while his parents went to Korea to pick up his brother from his mission) so that helped quell the pains of boredom, but there were a couple afternoons when the boys were just laying around in the living room complaining they didn't know what else to do. Wednesday (Junly 30) I took pity on them and dropped them off at the Payson Pool (sorry no pics) for the afternoon. Finally the weekend came around. Friday (August 1) Jeff and I headed out for our date night. Tonight we decided to see a community theater's production of Seven Brides for Seven Brothers at the Scera Shell Outdoor Theater. We actually both really enjoyed it. I have always liked this musical. I think it's pretty hilarious, and as Jeff and I watched the production, we laughed at the similarities between Milly Pontipee and myself. Our situations may not be the same, but are definitely similar. The evening was really nice outside. I love that it cools off here in the evenings - a definite change from the never-ending, oppressive heat of Arizona. It was a great date night with my favorite date.


On Saturday (August 2), Jeff and I spent the greater part of the day with the girls. The girls have been working tirelessly during the past couple weeks and deserved to have a little fun. Plus, it was fun to just spend some time with them. We started our day by heading to Salt Lake City where we had lunch at the Garden Restaurant overlooking Temple Square. Jeff and I came here back in June and enjoyed both the food and the atmosphere. Moreover, it was much cheaper than The Roof...and still practically the same view. In any case, we enjoyed dining there before heading to Capitol Theater to see Wicked. Yup, Jeff endured two musicals in less than 24 hours. Luckily for us, he didn't mind. Plus, Wicked is a good one for all genders and ages. I LOVE this musical!! I've seen it about 4 times (I think) and still enjoy seeing it. For Amber and Jeff, this was their first time. I think everyone enjoyed the performance. It was also my first time at the Capitol Theater. It's a smaller venue but it has beautiful architecture. It was a great afternoon with the girls!! (And thanks to Aunt Katie for taking the boys to IHOP, the park, and Provo Rec Center while we were gone!! They had a blast!!)




No comments:

Post a Comment