Sunday, January 18, 2015

Moab: Day 2

Today, after attending local church services, we decided to give our sore muscles (and joints...Jeff's poor knee) a break from hiking in the Arches and instead chose to drive a scenic dirt road along the Colorado River. I was pleasantly surprised at how well the Honda Pilot traversed the roads. I have to admit I had my doubts, especially when there were trail warnings that indicated rough roads, but it wasn't too bad and definitely worth the drive! On our way to the trail, we stopped to look at more petroglyphs and even some ancient dinosaur tracks! It was really cool to see those up close..and not in a museum!


Once we hit the dirt road, we sat back and enjoyed the bumpy, breathtaking drive. Here are just a few shots from the trip:





There were a ton of these cool rock formations along the trail. I called this area "little Mars". I guess I thought it could look like the Red Planet. 
After our drive, we headed back to the hotel where we got some pizza and enjoyed watching the NFC and AFC championship football games. It was a nice relaxing day! I know we may not have done much today, but I loved it. I simply love being with Jeff and away from responsibilities. There aren't many times we get away...just the two of us. I cherish these weekends!



No comments:

Post a Comment