Saturday, January 3, 2015

One last stop...

Our trip came to a quick close. I truly enjoyed spending time with my family. I love that Jeff and the boys like to spend time with them too. I still wish they all lived closer...but with Krystle's departure on New Years Day to Texas, it seems we're getting farther away. I miss my parents and siblings. I am so grateful that I have a family that I do love to spend time with and that I do miss when we're apart. A big part of that is because of the amazing parents my parents had. Before we left the Phoenix Valley, I had to make a one last stop. I dropped by the Veteran's Memorial Cemetery to visit my paternal grandparents' graves. I have taken Jeff to see my maternal grandmother and aunt's grave, but we have never made the trek out to the Veteran's Cemetery. Since we would be going that way anyways, I decided that I wanted to stop. I am grateful for good grandparents who helped instill good morals and values. I learned a love of country from my grandfather and loyalty to family from my grandmother. I was glad we were able to stop...and sad that we were heading back to the snowy, cold north. Oh well...all good things must come to an end. It was a great week in Arizona. Now it's time to get back to start the New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment