Monday, October 12, 2015

Grandma and Papa in town

As I mentioned in the previous post, my parents were able to fly in town and stay with us for the week. I really needed to have them here. I miss being away from my parents...especially when so many things have happened. A couple weeks ago, Dad suffered a heart attack. Through several small miracles, he was quickly taken care of and there was no permanent damage to his heart, but it was very difficult to be in Utah while I felt I was needed in Arizona. Plus, I just needed to have a hug from my daddy and know he is ok. Well, I got that hug (and many more) this week. I loved having Mom's positive support this week as well as I tried to work with Jonas on sleeping in his crib and introduce him to a bottle (which was completely successful but I cried the first night Jeff fed Jonas while I stood by and watched). I enjoyed shopping with her like we always used to do when I lived in Arizona. Mom and Dad loved spending time with all the boys. They joined in on our Family Home Evening, went to Danny's last football game, and laughed with the boys as they tried to figure out how to hang a couple hammocks. They really loved and spoiled Jonas with all their attention and affection. I'm pretty sure Jonas was never put down while he was awake. I am so grateful for my amazing parents. I couldn't have asked for two more humble, compassionate, loving individuals to raise me. I am who I am because of them. I love you Mommy and Daddy!
I got to play photographer & took several pictures of my parents. This is one of my favorites.
Three generations
My view during family night....couldn't be happier.
Jonas thought Papa's mustache tickled.
One happy Grandma!

No comments:

Post a Comment