Sunday, October 11, 2015

Jonas's Baby Blessing

It was a family packed weekend! Yesterday we had Dallin's Eagle Court of Honor and today we blessed Jonas. I was so grateful that Mom, Dad, Michael, and Jenn came in from out-of-town to be a part of this event. I loved that Scott and Kaia came as well; in addition to the Southwicks that were already here. Family means everything to us! It is the reason we get up and do what we do. I can't imagine any greater joy than to be with the ones you love. I will be eternally grateful to have Jonas join that group of loved ones. In such a short amount of time, he has brought us incredible joy. He is such an easy-going, fun-loving little boy. I have adored watching his little personality develop. It was an honor and a privilege for Jeff to be able to bless Jonas in our home. This is an ordinance we perform to officially place Jonas on the records of the church and to provide words of guidance and blessings for his life. This is done by worthy men who hold the priesthood of God (the power to act in God's name on earth). As soon as these worthy men surrounded Jonas in a circle of brotherhood, I could feel a subtle, sweet spirit of peace enter the room. Jonas is a special boy. Jeff said that he felt of the incredible goodness and love that Jonas has as soon as he was placed in Jeff's arms. Jeff then officially gave him a name (Jonas Tage Southwick) by which to be known on the records of the church and pronounced blessings for Jonas. I never thought the day would come when I would have a child. I don't know how we got so lucky to have such an incredible little man join our family, but we have all been blessed by his presence. We love you Jonas!








No comments:

Post a Comment