Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy New Year!

I know I say this every year (and I probably won't stop any time soon), but where did 2015 go?! Time is flying by. This year we have been truly blessed to welcome Jonas into our little family. He is our little miracle and has brought such joy into our lives. We can't imagine our family without him. He completes us. We have also been blessed to send Laurin out on her mission and watch her growth in such a short time. Amber, Dallin and Daniel continue to do well in school. I am constantly amazed at their goodness and strength. In a world with such wickedness, these kids make good choices that maintain their moral characters. They are faced with more temptations to do wrong than I ever was; yet, they make choices that have set them on a path towards our Father in Heaven. I am so proud of them. 2015 has also seen fun family adventures and memories. We have seen consistent growth in the business and are continually amazed as to why the Lord has blessed us so much. I think the biggest thing I've learned in 2015 (and still need to learn) is to have faith. I have learned that the Lord is in control. I know I have to do my part, but most of the time, I tend to overdo things or think I have more control than I actually do. I know my Father in Heaven loves me...and I need to continue to trust that He will guide me on the best path back to Him. That's not to say it will be the easiest path or a path without hardships and trials, but it will be the best path. I can only pray that 2016 will be just as good as 2015...if not better. I think my motto for this year will be taken from the live action movie, Cinderella, "Have courage and be kind".

As has been tradition, we headed to Arizona to spend New Year's weekend. I have to admit I was a little nervous to take a 5 month old on a 10 hour car ride, but like everything else he does, he was a champ! He slept most of the way. It was only about the last 2 hours that he even started to get fussy. That made for one happy mommy. The weekend in Arizona was gorgeous! I think we spent more time outside than inside. The sun was in full force and the highs were only in the upper 60s/low 70s. We were in heaven! In addition to just hanging out in the sun, we continued our annual traditions of golfing for the boys (sorry, no pictures...Jeff forgot to snap a couple), a pedicure for me, and, of course, picking citrus to take home.
Tyler and Kate were super excited to see Jonas.

Tyler got a ping pong table for Christmas...it fast became the main attraction while at Nichole's house.

Pedicures with Kate...Nichole and Shawna.

Fun in the sun!
Jonas loved hanging out with Grandma.
It was fun for Danny and Kate to play at a park that isn't buried in snow.

Soaking up as much sun as we could get.

Danny picking grapefruit.
New Year's Eve was, of course, the main event of the weekend. In true Nichole fashion, she hosted another successful New Year's Eve party with food, games, and fun for all. As you can imagine, Jeff and I left around 8:00 to return to my parents house to put Jonas (and ourselves) to bed, but the boys partied all night long! Nichole is so amazing to do this each year. It really is something the boys enjoy and look forward to. As in years past, Nichole planned games and activities for the kids to do each hour starting at 6:00 leading up to the New Year. They started by hunting for their hour bags in the park. In each bag, there was a clue as to what activity or game they would play for that hour. The started with a photo booth and proceeded from there. Both boys had a blast! Here are just a few pictures from the evening:





Baby New Year 2016
The candy game...Danny's favorite.



007...the boys got lost.
More ping pong

Candy cane game

Card game
Pie in the face game





Happy New Year!!
Happy New Year! Bring on 2016!!



No comments:

Post a Comment