Sunday, June 19, 2016

Father's Day

I think this is one of the most important days of the year (aside from Mother's Day of course). In this family, I think it's even more important than most. Jeff had been both father and mother to Laurin, Amber, Dallin and Daniel for so many years. He truly epitomizes what it means to be a father. It was easy to dote over him today. I wanted to do it. I can't imagine a better father for my children. Jeff willingly sacrifices so much for all of his children. His family is his world...and it shows in everything he does and everything he is. I can only hope that one day my children will grow up to be as patient, kind, generous, and merciful as their father. Sure, just like any dad, he has his faults, but those faults pale in comparison to the many positive attributes, actions, and unconditional love he expresses. Jeff is one of my heroes. He is my best friend, He is my biggest support. He is the perfect father for our children! So what better way to celebrate than with food! We started our day with one of his favorite breakfasts.
Afterwards, the boys presented Jeff with their gifts. They bought him a bean bag toss and ladderball game set. You can imagine what we did for the rest of the day (when we weren't at church).

That evening, Amber joined us (along with Jeff's parents) for a prime rib dinner with mashed potatoes and salad with Texas Sheet Cake for dessert. (Like I said, we like to celebrate with food.) It was a great day. Not only were we able to celebrate this amazing man, we were able to simply enjoy being together as a family. There is nothing more important in this world than family. I'm pretty lucky to have the little family I do! Happy Father's Day Jeff!





No comments:

Post a Comment