Saturday, June 25, 2016

Pools and pellet pistols

This week was the final week of camps! It has been a busy month, especially for Jeff. We've had scout camps, youth conference, and this week girls camp. Now Jeff wasn't involved in the planning or execution of girls camp, but he did have to go up for a couple nights to provide additional support. Can I just say that I'm glad the camps are over?! I think it's easier to count how many days Jeff has been home this month rather than how many days he's been gone. Luckily, the camp was up Payson canyon so I took Danny and Jonas up one day to hang out with Dad and shoot pellet pistols. (Dallin was in St. George all week at a basketball tournament. He has been gone most of the month as well! It will be nice to have both him and Jeff around more in July.) Jeff and I got to return to girls camp on Friday night for bishopric night. Jeff is in the leadership council of our church congregation (aka bishopric). While there are definitely times I wish he didn't have the responsibilities he does, watching him interact with the youth reminds me why the Lord called him to that position. Leadership opportunities usually aren't about us, but all about the people we serve. Jeff has a unique ability to interact with the youth in a way that they respond. They love him. He is like one of them, yet they know they can turn to him as a leader if they need to. I got the distinct impression while we were there that Jeff will have many more opportunities to continue to serve as a leader. As much as I sometimes wish that wasn't the case, I can't think of a more humble, merciful, capable man to do the job.

This was the gorgeous view from where we were shooting.
Jeff playing "big booty" with the girls at girls' camp. It was pretty hilarious!
Other than that, Danny, Jonas and I had fun at home. Danny has been spending most of his free time with his buddy, Noah. I'm grateful that my boys have good friends. One day, I took Danny, Noah and Jonas to Payson Pool to swim. Jonas LOVED it! He was still initially uncertain (like usual), but once he evaluated his surroundings and deemed it was safe, he was ready to go. He especially love the slide. He would start kicking his legs and flailing his arms in anticipation when I set him at the top of the slide. It was hilarious! I'm sure there will be lots of pool/water time in the coming weeks.



Life is good. I'm grateful for the summer months to be able to have more time with my kids and to make memories that will last a lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment