Friday, May 31, 2019

Girls Camp 2019 - Heber Valley Camp

This week, I had the opportunity to attend Girls Camp with the young women in our ward. I was released from my calling in the Young Women's organization a few months ago, but because of the lack of leaders available to go, they asked if I would be willing. Honestly, I wanted to go, but I also have a lot going on! The day after I would return from camp, I knew we would be hosting Amber's bridal shower and attending the temple with Dallin for the first time followed by a family dinner...and that was already after two graduations, a priesthood ordination, a quick trip to AZ, and a campout at Lagoon! Still, I felt I needed to go. I am not prideful enough to assume that the reason I felt I needed to go was to influence the girls, but I needed to go to humble myself. Often times, I feel like I am the only one running the show so to speak. I will get frustrated with others because I don't feel like they're helping enough, but I honestly don't give them opportunities to help. This was a week for me to learn how to delegate and lean on my team. I have an amazing "team"! Jeff and the kids are more than capable of picking up my slack, and I needed them to. I needed time to be with these young women and the amazing other leaders (Michelle Grant, Colleen Soreson, Michelle Pratt, and Lakyn Miller) who inspire me. I loved simply hanging out with all of them. I couldn't have asked for a better week! It was FREEZING, but fun. We got to go canoeing, do a ropes course, be creative in a service project, make fun marshmallow guns, catch squirrels, and so much more. While I may have felt physically exhausted at the end of the week, I was spiritually and emotionally rejuvenated!









No comments:

Post a Comment