Sunday, February 24, 2013

A normal week

Well this past week has been fairly normal....at least my version of normal. I've slowly slipped into a weekly routine that seems to be working: laundry on Mondays and Thursdays, grocery shopping on Monday, cleaning on Friday, helping in Danny and Dallin's classes on Mondays and Fridays, etc. Plus I have my daily routines of breakfast with the kids before the girls go to school, working out with Jeff and the boys in the shop, helping Jeff answer emails and get organized for the day, etc. Things seem to be working out well and I enjoy the little non-normal moments that slip into the week. For example, this week my little sister, Krystle, and I went out to lunch on Tuesday and went to Crafty Wood Cutouts to look at some St. Patrick's Day decor. I bought a cute wooden "lucky" sign with a horseshoe and leprechaun hat that I painted and decorated the next couple days.

 
 
I like doing crafts and hanging out with my family so it was a "win-win" for me that day. Thursday night Dallin had another basketball game. Unfortunately, I'm kind of new to this whole blog thing and forgot to take my camera. He played well but they ultimately lost. Friday I again spent the day with Krystle as we attended a conference of addiction at UVU. She had to do so to finish her requirements for her bachelor's in nursing degree...and I went because I wanted to. Weird, I know! But I'm a geek and always have been. Besides it was nice to be around other social workers and to enjoy the workshops that were given on topics that interest me. (As a side note, Krystle received her bachelors degree this week!!! I am super proud of her. I know she has worked hard to juggle full time work and full time school for the past year!) Saturday I was invited to a brunch with some ladies in the neighborhood. I was grateful to have been invited because I've been feeling a little isolated. I'm excited to get to know these amazing women even better. That evening (and again I forgot to take pictures) Jeff's great uncle and his son and his son's family came over for dinner. It was nice to meet more of the family and to enjoy a fun evening with loved ones. All in all, it has been a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment