Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Daniel's Friendship Program

Danny had been anxiously awaiting this moment for quite some time...finally his Friendship Program! He had been reminding Jeff and I about the date and time for weeks prior. Moreover, he planned what he would wear (the silver vest he wore at the wedding) and made sure I washed it right (he gave me instructions on how to do so). The whole second grade class put on a program about Friendship. It was really well done and we enjoyed watching it. Daniel had a speaking part and recited a poem with his class. He spoke very clearly and could be heard in the back of the room (and maybe in other parts of the school as well). I loved all the songs. I especially loved it when Daniel would point to Jeff and I when he sang the words, "I love you." Danny has always been a caring, loving, accepting boy. I have admired this trait about him. He loves life and he deeply loves his family. What a lucky woman I am to be a part of that family and to hear Daniel call me "mom"...a title I pray that I may live up to every day.





No comments:

Post a Comment