Saturday, February 9, 2013

Thank you! and Jordan's birthday

Today Jeff and I treated his parents to lunch at the Cheesecake Factory (thanks Stan and Kristi for the gift card!) and to see the Young Ambassadors at the Conference Center as a way to thank them for watching the kids and managaing the business while we were on our honeymoon. I truly enjoyed the afternoon. I couldn't have asked for better in-laws. They have been so welcoming and supportive. They are genuinely kind people. I look forward to getting to know them even better. They were such an integral part of the success of our courtship as well. They stepped in as often as we've needed them and this was only a small way that we could say thank you. The food was great and the program was awesome. The cast were truly talented as they shared their message of living a life in harmony with good principles and morals. I am so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life and to have the knowledge and perspective it provides...especially knowing that families are eternal.
 
 
Jeff and I with Rodney and Penny Southwick

 

That evening we went over to Krystle's apartment to have an early celebration of Jordan's birthday. He turns 25 on Tuesday but he will be in school so we decided to have cake and ice cream tonight. The cake was DELICIOUS!! Then again it was a chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting - how could you go wrong there?! It was a fun day! I loved spending time with Jeff's parents and my family.
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment