Wednesday, March 25, 2015

An evening of scouts...

Tonight was a packed evening! First, I attended Danny's pack meeting. Tonight they met at the Veteran's Home here in Payson. The meeting was focused on compassion (which they accomplished through visiting with the veterans) and respect. To demonstrate respect, one of the veterans spoke to the boys about respect for the flag. Tears came to my eyes several times as I recalled similar talks from my father and grandfather (both veterans). I am grateful to have had these great men instill in me a love and respect for this great country.

Danny earned his Scientist pin tonight.
After Danny's pack meeting, Danny and I raced over to the church where Dallin was having a court of honor. Tonight he finally received the three merit badges he'd earned during the last BYU PowWow he attended (music, geocaching, communications). I am so proud of Dallin. The only merit badge he lacks is camping (and he just needs to get it signed off by a merit badge counselor). Plus, he has already identified and is going to complete his Eagle Scout project this weekend! He made a goal to get his Eagle Scout award at age 14...and he doesn't even turn 14 until May! While I know I complain about the pack meetings and certain other aspects of scouts, I think it is a great program and has instilled many valuable and admirable traits into both the boys...and will hopefully do the same with the next little guy who will be joining our family!



No comments:

Post a Comment