Thursday, March 26, 2015

Krystle and Nolan

Today my sister, Krystle, and nephew, Nolan, flew into town for the weekend. Krystle flew in to attend her mission trainer's wedding on Saturday. I didn't care why she flew in, I was just really excited to see them! I miss both of my sisters. I have my brother, Scott, who lives close, but brothers just aren't the same. I think that has been one of the hardest aspects of living in Utah...living away from my mom and sisters. I often miss my family. I am so grateful to have felt so welcomed by Jeff's family. I enjoy hanging out with them...but it's just not the same as being with your own parents and siblings (as I'm sure everyone can agree). In any case, Krystle and I had a fun weekend. We didn't really do anything particularly spectacular, but hanging out (and a little shopping for Baby Southwick) was all we needed. I can't believe how much Nolan has grown since I last saw him a couple months ago. He is so much more animated and talkative. He kept us all laughing! I am really looking forward to having that childlike innocence and laughter in our home when the baby arrives. It was a great weekend. I was sad to see them go at the end of their trip. Here are just a few random pics from the weekend:
Reading a book before bedtime...yes, you can see my little baby bump!

Nolan was waaaaay more interested in the cookie than in getting his picture taken.
It was fun to watch the boys play with Nolan. I think they're getting ready for their new little brother!


Nolan with his favorite aunt...right?
Saying good-bye in the airport. I may have smiled for the picture, but there were tears on the car ride home.

No comments:

Post a Comment